Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Weekend is Upon Us!

Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Admit it "What are we going to do this weekend" has crossed your mind a time or two this weekend. Probably right after "wooooo! I can't wait until Friday!"

Well how about two great family friendly events that are foodcentric and charity driven?

WHO DOESN’T LOVE TACOS?™


On Saturday the Arizona Taco Festival invades the Scottsdale Waterfront. Spearheaded by David Tyda and Rick Phillips of EaterAZ.com, the AZ Taco Festival is being touted as the first taco festival, anywhere, ever. Can you believe that? There has never been a taco festival before. What a phenomenal idea. So come out on Saturday and eat tacos, drink cervezas and margaritas, and experience lucha libre first hand. It's gonna be a blast, and it's all to benefit Waste Not Arizona.

The best part, for me? They were crazy enough to let me join in and be one of the couple dozen judges who will be critiquing the chicken, beef, pork and seafood tacos turned in by the entrants competing for a $7500 grand prize. Suckers!!

See you there Saturday October 9, 10a-5p!



Peace-Love-Cupcakes



I dream of World Peace... and Cupcakes
Those simple seven words drew me in. And I was hooked. A Cupcake Love-In? What is that? And how do I find out more?

The brain child of pastry chefs Kelly Garcia of Butter & Me and Tracy Dempsey of Tracy Dempsey Originals, the Cupcake Love-in is a way for local bakers and pastry chefs from the Valley of the Sun to come together and work together for something bigger, all the while indulging in the simplest of pleasures; satisfying your sweet tooth.

Set to benefit Singleton Moms and Safe Haven for Animals, the Cupcake Love-In is going down at the Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale on 10-10-10 from 11a-3p with the highlight being the Cupcake Eating Competition that I will be competing in at 1pm. That's right come see me and nine other people, ok well mostly me, make a fool of myself and stuff my face with as many cupcakes as can be eaten in 3 minutes. Other activities include cupcake sampling and judging as well as a raffle for great prizes.

So if you like sweets, or want to have a good time, or would just like to come laugh at poor unfortunate souls (me again) come on out on Sunday and don't forget your camera!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun filled weekend. You gotta let us know how amazing the food at the Taco Festival was (I know I'm super jealous).

    I'll see you at the Cupcake Love-In!

    Bon Appétit!

    ReplyDelete